Hello, my name is Joseph Thomas. I am from Fort Yukon Alaska which is located on the Yukon River in interior Alaska. I study at UAF to receive my Bachelor of Applied Management degree. I learned to play guitar and music mostly by ear and visual learning starting at 5 years old. I played acoustic guitar for about 35 years, and I have played rhythm guitar for old-time fiddle music for about 30 years. I was in a band for several years playing cover songs. I enjoy old-time fiddle music, Country, Rock N Roll, and Alternative music these days. I can listen to a variety of music if I am in the right mood. I enjoy dancing to music. I feel good when dancing inside or outside.
I have plenty to learn and figure out with
music. I like to study tablature and I use the internet often to watch
tutorials for songs and techniques I am interested in. I write lyrics and put
chords to them a few times per year. One of the most enjoyable things for me is
learning new songs and watching people enjoy live music. I enjoy concerts and
learning from other musicians. There is a tradition of Irish fiddle music that
was introduced to the area I am from by the Hudson Bay Company fur traders
beginning in 1847. I really enjoy keeping that music alive as well as the
square dancing, jigs, and reels. Taking
this F200 class is exciting, and I enjoy learning all of the elements of music.
Hello Joseph, you sound very talented. I would like to see you participate in a jig contest some day.
ReplyDelete